Sen. Ann Millner, R- Ogden, is sponsoring a bill that would allow the Utah State Board of Education to vote to designate jobs, within this agency, as at-will positions. The bill was presented to the Senate Education Standing Committee on Thursday, February 2, 2017. Todd Losser, Executive Director of UPEA, spoke in opposition to the bill and testified that “UPEA has reviewed Senate Bill 127 and opposes any legislation that will modify, reduce, or end merit protections.” The bill will be heard on the Senate floor next week. UPEA is in the process of attempting to amend the bill to exempt non-management employees. UPEA will keep its members updated as the bill moves forward.
- The DOC Career Ladder Funding Request Moves Forward to Executive Approprioations Committee
- DABC Changes to Help Increase Employee Compensation
- SB 127, State Board of Education Amendments
- HCR 13 – Concurrent Resolution for Public Employees’ Benefit and Insurance Program
- UPEA Committeed to Support the Establishment of a DOC Career Ladder
UPEA Vendor Discounts
No upcoming events