Do you want to become more involved in the Utah Public Employees Association (UPEA)? Nominations for district leadership positions are coming up.
UPEA is a member-run organization. The dedication and passion of our members empowers the organization to create change. Come get involved in district leadership and help facilitate communication and represent public employees’ interests on the State Advisory Council and at the annual General Council.
The Association is organized into districts; each district has a District Board consisting of a chairman, vice chairman, secretary, treasurer and occasionally past chairman. General members of the district elect district officers to serve three-year terms when elected vice chairman and one-year terms when elected secretary or treasurer.
District officers support and organize individual districts. Responsibilities include attending regular district and chapter meetings to provide input. Meetings are held during the lunch hour so responsibilities can be carried out without interfering with an officer’s schedule.
If you are interested in any of the following positions and want to know when elections will be held in your district, contact your employee field representative or ask your current district leadership for more information. If you are unsure who your employee field representative is, call the UPEA main office at 801-264-8732 and our staff will be happy to assist you.
Descriptions of each position are as follows:
- The position is a three-year commitment, serving the first year as vice chair, the second year as chairn, and the third year as past chair.
- Responsibilities for each position are:
- Vice chairman: Attend monthly district meetings and provide input in district business
- Chair: Attend monthly district meetings; assist in planning meeting agendas and scheduling meetings
Past chairman: Attend monthly district meetings Other Positions
- Three-year commitment
- Attend four to five Saturday morning meetings annually to vote on pressing UPEA matters
- One-year commitment
- Attend monthly district meetings to present financial update, maintain a file of financial statements, send quarterly and end of year financial statements to UPEA
- One-year commitment
- Attend monthly district meetings and provide input on district business
- Take minutes during meetings to share with district members.