As a grassroots organization, UPEA has 8 Standing Committees. The purpose of our Standing Committees is to provide direct input and recommendations from the general membership, chapters, and districts to the Advisory Council and State Board. Members are encouraged to be involved with the Standing Committees.
Each committee meets about 2-5 times a year, in the evening during the week. Meetings are held at UPEA’s office in Murray – 1000 West Bellwood Lane, Murray UT 84123. A light dinner is provided for participants. You can also attend meetings via conference call. If you live outside of SLCo and travel to the UPEA office to participate you will receive mileage reimbursement.
Insurance and Retirement:
- This committee reviews and monitors health insurance and retirement issues.
- For more information on this committee or to attend a meeting please contact Kendle Zdunich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Human Resource Policy and Rules:
- This committee is responsible to track any changes to DHRM Rules and Regulations being proposed by DHRM or other legislative bodies.
- Secondary purpose of this committee is to review other Human Resource policies pertaining to specific state agencies and/or local government agencies.
- This committee coordinates and plans UPEA’s annual General Council.
- For more information or to attend a committee please contact Angie Mann at Angie@upea.net.
Grievance Appeal and Representation:
- This committee reviews employee grievances where the employee is requesting additional representation by UPEA and UPEA legal counsel.
- Recommendations are then taken to the Board and voted upon by this body.
- For more information or to attend a meeting please contact Hannah@upea.net
- This committee determines the UPEA legislative platform for upcoming years and monitor upcoming issues being addressed through interim committees.
- For more information or to attend a meeting please contact Todd Losser at Todd@upea.net
Membership Services and Public Relations:
- This committee looks at what UPEA offers its members and work to enhance these opportunities. They also explore options to improve public relations and bolster membership.
- For more information or to attend a PR committee meeting, please contact Kendle at email@example.com.
Articles and Bylaws:
- This committee reviews UPEA’s Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws and make recommended changes which are then voted upon by the Advisory Council and State Board which is then voted upon during General Council.
- For more information or to attend a committee meeting, please contact Todd at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Recommends resolutions to UPEA’s Bylaws and Policy and Platform.
- For more information or to attend a committee meeting, please contact Todd@upea.net.