The Utah Public Employees’ Association is accepting applications from members interested in applying for its seat on the Utah State Retirement Board. Members who are interested in applying must send a letter of intent and a resume to:
Attn: Angie – Retirement Board Position
1000 Bellwood Lane
Murray, Utah 84123
Or email the information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
UPEA encourages members who would like to be considered for this appointment to apply. Qualifications for interested individuals include being a current, active member of UPEA in good standing. The deadline for submitting a letter of intent and a resume is Friday, September 14, 2018.
The appointment is a four-year term, beginning on July 1, 2019. The duties of the seat can be found in Utah Code 49-11-203 and include the following:
- Receive and act upon reports covering the operations of the systems, plans, programs, and funds administered by the office;
- Ensure that the systems, plans, programs, and funds are administered according to law;
- Examine and approve an annual operating budget for the office;
- Serve as investment trustees of the Utah State Retirement Investment Fund;
- Report annually to the governor, the Legislature, and each participating employer the contribution rates, premium rates, and any adjustments necessary to maintain the systems, plans, and programs on an actuarially sound basis;
- Recommend to the governor and Legislature, through the executive director, any necessary changes to this title;
- Develop policy for the long-term operation of the various systems.