I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday season with your families and friends. I also hope 2019 will be a good year for all of you.
I have some things that need to be brought to your attention.
- The Utah Public Employees’ Association (UPEA) is getting ready for the legislative session and has posted the 2019 bill tracker online. If you are curious about which bills UPEA is watching and where those bills are at in the legislative process, feel free to check it out on our website.
- UPEA has partnered with Mountain America Credit Union to offer three $1,000 scholarships to our members and their dependents. If you’re interested, please visit our website for the forms and requirements. All applications are due March 1. The successful applicants will be honored at General Council in March.
- It’s almost time to vote for UPEA’s new second vice president. Make sure to read up on the candidates so you are able to make an informed decision.
- I urge you to get involved in your districts. Each district has several positions that you could help out in.
- Get involved with one of the standing committees that UPEA sponsors. Pick one that you are interested in or choose several committees; just get involved and let your voice be heard and be a part of shaping UPEA.
Thank you for all your hard work and being apart of UPEA.
Mark Murray, president