UPEA Holds First-Ever Drive-Through Appreciation Event
The Utah Public Employees’ Association (UPEA) held its first drive-through lunch on July 14 to show appreciation for the hard work of Utah’s public employees. State and local government employees stopped by the UPEA offices for lunch and staff had the opportunity to thank members for their continued support for the Association. More Than 100 employees from many different agencies were able to stop by the first socially distanced luncheon. This event was a great way to kick off the 2020 Public Employee Appreciation Days.
Ogden Valley District Hosts Drive-Through Lunch at Clearfield DWS
On Aug. 11, UPEA hosted a drive-through Public Employee Appreciation Day at the Clearfield Department of Workforce Services (DWS). Employees from the Law Enforcement District were also invited to participate in this event. All attendees were given sign-up information in the hopes that they will join UPEA and spread the word about the Association to their coworkers. It was a successful event with more than 60 employees attending.
Upcoming Public Employee Appreciation Events
Salt Lake Valley Districts
There will be three Wasatch Front appreciation events for all public employees in the area. UPEA districts included in these events are North Temple, Downtown, SL Southeast, SL Southwest, Law Enforcement, and Salt Lake Valley Local Government. The events are being held where most members reside because so many employees are working remotely. Please RSVP to Sam@upea.net with the specific event you plan to attend.
- Thursday, Sept. 10, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.: Cannon Department of Health, 288 N. 1460 West, Main Parking Lot.
- Tuesday, Sept. 15, 11 a.m. -1 p.m,: Salt Lake County Government Center, 2001 S. State St., South Parking Lot.
- Tuesday, Sept. 29, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.: Veteran’s Memorial Park, 1985 W. 7800 South, West Jordan.
All public employees (state, city, or county) are invited to attend any of the four events.
The Transportation District will hold Public Employee Appreciation Breakfasts for employees in Region 1, Region 2, and Region 3. Members and nonmembers are welcome to come by to grab a breakfast burrito. Please contact Hannah@upea.net for more information.
- Wednesday, Sept. 16, 7:30-8:30 a.m.: UDOT Region 1 Office, 166 Southwell St., Ogden
- Thursday, Sept. 17, 7:30-8:30a.m.: UDOT Region 2 Office, 2010 S. 2760 West, Salt Lake City
- Monday, Sept. 21, 7:30-8:30 a.m.: UDOT Region 3 Office, 658 N. 1500 West, Orem
The Mountainlands District will hold a drive-through appreciation lunch at the Riverside Park in Provo. All public employees in the area are welcome to attend! We ask that everyone stays in their car and UPEA staff will bring a boxed lunch and UPEA information safely to the car window. Signs will be posted to direct traffic through the parking lot.
- Tuesday, Sept. 22, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.: Riverside Park, 1260 W. 600 N., Provo
Bear River District
The Bear River District will host a Public Employee Appreciation Day in Brigham City and Logan on Sept. 1. All members and nonmembers are welcome to drive through and pick up lunch. Please see the information for times and locations of the events. If you plan to attend either event, please contact Hannah@upea.net.
- Tuesday, Sept. 1, 11 a.m.-noon: Logan Department of Workforce Services, 180 N. 100 West.
- Tuesday, Sept. 1, 1-2 p.m.: Lindsey Park, 301-349 Fishburn Drive, Brigham City
Uintah Basin District
The Uintah Basin district will host two appreciation events in September. UPEA is serving boxed lunches for public employees in Vernal. The following day, members and nonmembers in the district are also invited to attend a social at the Echo Drive-in with tickets provided by the district for those who RSVP. Please contact Sam@upea.net for more information or to RSVP.
- Thursday, Sept. 24, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.: Vernal Department of Workforce Services, 1050 Market Drive.
- Friday, Sept. 25, time TBA: Echo Drive-in, 250 W. Highway 40, Roosevelt
The Southeastern District has scheduled a Public Employee Appreciation Day in Price. Come drive through the parking lot of the Price Department of Workforce Services to pick up lunch and meet your employee representative and district leadership. All members and nonmembers are welcome. Please contact Hannah@upea.net for more information or to RSVP. The district will also host drive-through events in Moab and Blanding with dates and locations TBA.
- Wednesday, Sept. 9, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.: Price Department of Workforce Services, 475 W. Price River Drive.
District leadership has decided the best way to gather safely and to appreciate public employees for their hard work and dedication during the pandemic is to offer free admittance to the Richfield Drive-In and the Mt. Pleasant Drive-In Theaters. Public employees and their families will receive free admittance to the drive-in for one car. Exact dates and times TBA. Please contact Christy Berk at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Color Country District
The Color Country District will hold two appreciation events in October, one in St. George in the parking lot of the Division of Child & Family Services building and another in Cedar City. Both of these will be drive-through lunches with exact dates and locations TBA. Please contact Kendle Zdunich at Kendle@upea.net for more information.