The Utah Public Employees’ Association is looking for an individual to serve as a representative for the association on the Utah Retirement Systems Membership Council for the remainder of the current term. This seat has a four-year term, which began July 1, 2019, and ends June 30, 2023. The individual who fills this seat will represent the interests of all public employees. The duties of the council members are as follows:
- Recommend to the Utah Retirement Systems (URS) Board and to the Legislature, benefits and policies for members of any system or plan administered by the URS Board
- Recommend procedures and practices to improve the administration of the systems and plans and the public employee relations responsibilities of the board and office
- Examine the record of all decisions affecting retirement benefits made by a hearing officer
- Submit nominations to the URS Board for the position of the executive director if that position is vacant
- Advise and counsel with the URS Board and the director on policies affecting members of the various systems administered by the office
- Perform other duties assigned to it by the URS Board
There is no stipend for this position; however, the URS Board may decide to reimburse council members for their travel and expenses when attending meetings.
REPRESENT THE INTERESTS OF PUBLIC EMPLOYEES
UPEA encourages any working member who would like to be considered for this position to apply. You must be a current, active UPEA member. Interested individuals should apply be mailing, faxing, or emailing a letter of intent, as well as a resume, no later than September 1, 2021 to:
Attn: Kendle Zdunich
1000 W. Bellwood Ln.
Murray, UT 84123