UPEA is excited to announce the third annual Public Employee Day on the Hill. Join UPEA staff on FEBRUARY 9, 2022 for an opportunity to talk to legislators and learn more about the political process and the work UPEA lobbyists do for you.
Please complete this RSVP form if you plan to attend.
Feel free to join us at any time throughout the day –
the schedule is as follows:
8:00 – 11:00am: Breakfast Q&A with Legislators
- Capitol Board Room (Capitol 240)
- “Contacting your legislators 101”
- Training and materials will be provided for members to write letters to their legislators
11:00am – 12:00pm: Senate and House Floortime
- UPEA staff will take members to the House and Senate floors to hear voting and discussion of bills
12:00 – 12:50pm: Break
- Pack a lunch or purchase food from the food truck on-site.
- Please keep in mind, lunch will not be provided.
12:50 – 2:00pm Tour of the State Capitol
- Meet at the desk just inside the east Capitol doors
- Tour begins at 1 pm sharp, please arrive a few minutes early
2:00 – 4:00pm: Accompany a UPEA staff member to their afternoon committee meetings
If you have questions about Public Employee Day on the Hill or request an accommodation (translation or interpretive services, wheelchair accessibility, etc.) please contact Sam Unruh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-264-8732 ext. 203.